By Dani Ibarra~ YogaWorks Teacher Trainer, Instructor and Mentor
1. Start lying down with feet as wide as mat and knees touching. Allow inner thighs to release towards floor, this opens the low back/sacrum. Hold 9 breaths
2. Drop knees to left and place left foot on right knee to gently stretch out hip flexors. If you experience pain in the knee lower the foot back down to the floor. Hold 5 breaths and switch sides.
3. Dynamic Bridge Pose. Step feet hip width distance apart and parallel. press feet down and lift hips up, extend arms overhead, exhale everything back down to floor. Repeat 6-8x
4. Supta Baddha Konasana- bring soles of feet together and open knees apart. This externally rotates the thigh bones and opens the hips. Support thighs if needed, you can also elevate the feet on a pillow to release low back pain
5. Low Lunge-step right foot in between hands, stacking knee over heel. Extend left leg back on diagonal and allow the hips to melt forward. hold 5 breaths. Repeat on other side
*If lunges are not available to you due to knees injury or extreme tightness then move to a wall, stand and hold ankle stretching thigh muscle and knee down towards the floor. Hold 5 breaths and switch sides. Use a strap if unable to reach foot.
*The timing for these poses can always be modified according to your ability. Always listen to your body and remember, YOGA SHOULD NOT HURT! If you experience any sharp negative sensation come out the pose and check your alignment.
ALWAYS WORK FROM A PLACE THAT DOES NOT CAUSE ANY MORE
HARM IN YOUR BODY.
Thanks for reading! Namaste' Sweet People